MENU × BUSINESS
Banking And InsuranceCryptocurrencyDigital MarketingErpFood And BeveragesHealthcareLegalMarketing And AdvertisingMedia And EntertainmentMetals And MiningOil And GasRetailTelecom
TECHNOLOGY
Artificial IntelligenceBig DataCloudCyber SecurityE CommerceEducationGaming And VfxIT ServiceMobileNetworkingSAPScience And TechnologySecuritySoftwareStorage
PLATFORM
CiscoDatabaseGoogleIBMJuniperM2MMicrosoftOracleOracleRed Hat
LEADERSHIP
CEO ReviewCompany Review
MAGAZINE
ASIA INDIA
STARTUPS CLIENT SPEAK CONTACT US

The Silicon Review Asia

Generali Buying AXA’s Malaysia Insurance Business

Generali Buying AXA’s Malaysia Insurance Business

Generali is purchasing majority shares of AXA and Affinin the joint ventures, approximately 53% of AXA Affin General Insurance Berhad (49.99% from AXA and 3% from Affin and minorities) and AXA Affin Life Insurance Berhad (49% from AXA and 21% from Affin), respectively. This will mean that the Italian company will be taking over AXA’s Malaysian business.

The company has further also applied to acquire the remaining shares of MPI GeneraliInsuransBerhad (MPI Generali) held by its Malaysian joint venture partner, Multi-Purpose Capital Holdings Berhad (MPHB Capital).

Genrali will operate in Malaysia through one in the P&C sementaand other in the Life segment. In the P&C segment, Generaliis looking to merge the businesses of MPI Generali with AXA Affin General Insurance. Upon the completion of transaction, Generali will hold 70% in both the Life and P&C entities, which will trade under the Generali name. Affin Bank will hold the remaining 30%.

Jaime AnchústeguiMelgarejo, CEO International, Generali Group, said: “The transactions are fully aligned with Generali’s strategy to strengthen its leadership position in high potential markets, like Malaysia, which represents a very attractive opportunity as it is home to a growing middle-class population and with an insurance penetration rate that is still relatively low compared to other more mature markets in the Asian region.”

These acquisitions will position Genrali as one of the leading insurers in the Malaysian market. Currently, Generali is working with AXA, Affin Bank and MPHB Capital to obtain the required regulatory approvals.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Pine Labs Reaffirms its Commitment to Indian Payments Space with Qfix Acquisition

HDFC Bank is Qfix's main distribution partner Pine Labs has announced that it has acquired Qfix, a Mumbai-based online payments startup. This acquisi...

Salesforce Expands into Thailand, Opens Office in Bangkok

Salesforce has announced permanent presence in Thailand by launching its new office in the country’s capital, Bangkok. The permanent presence wi...

GMLL is expected to soon add two more stores to its retail arm ‘Price Mantra’

Garment Mantra Lifestyle, a popular name in the Indian fashion retail segment, recently made an announcement that the company is expanding its retail ...

Tariff plans will cost higher from the next financial year as telecom companies are gearing up to increase rates

The ongoing Covid pandemic had significantly increased the number of mobile and internet users worldwide. The high amount of usage is expected to drop...

RECOMMENDED